Job Vacancies at Slow Ways
What if there was a network of walking routes that connected all of Great Britain’s towns and cities? That’s what we are making.
Slow Ways is an initiative to create a network of walking routes that connect all of Great Britain’s towns and cities as well as thousands of villages.
Ultimately we want to inspire and support more people to walk and wheel, more often, further and for more purposes.
Want to help us?
We’ve made a great start. So far volunteers have created nearly 8,000 routes that stretch for over 100,000km. Our current phase of work is focussed on engaging people from across Great Britain to walk, review and survey all these routes. In the next phase we will be working to inspire even more people to travel and enjoy Slow Ways.
We have a very big opportunity ahead of us.
Our team has established a new start-up called Slow Ways to make the initiative a success. Thanks to funding from The National Lottery Community Fund’s Growing Great Ideas programme we are in a position to recruit a small team to help bring Slow Ways to life for people across Great Britain.
We are looking for people to join our team who will:
- Care for and contribute to our community’s needs, diversity and cohesion
- Enjoy being outdoors and excited by the idea of using Slow Ways
- Be happy to get their hands (and feet) dirty
- Be playful and willing to experiment with ideas
- Be agile, flexible and open minded
You do not need to:
- Be a “walker”
- Live in the countryside
- Be able to read maps
Unique benefits of all our roles include:
- Flexible working with job shares considered
- Time and budget to walk or wheel Slow Ways routes
- Annual training budget and conference allowance
- “Walking leave” bonuses if we hit our targets
- Accruement of one reflective journey day for every year of service
- The Slow Ways team working a four day week
- Working from or with team hubs in London or Exeter. A new hub in Wales may also be possible.
Inclusion matters to us. We are especially interested to hear from people who have experiences that will help us to connect with a greater diversity of people.
We are an equal opportunities organisation. All our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship or marital status. You must be located and legally allowed to work in the UK.
We currently have the following open vacancies
Partnerships and Connections Growth Lead
Permanent, Flexible, Part Time 0.6 £30,000 (Full Time Equivalent £50,000)
From inspiring people to walk Slow Ways to surveying routes or creating new paths, collaborating with others is at the heart of what we do. We are looking for someone who can help us grow and nurture a large ecosystem of groups, organisations, networks, movements, authorities and governments that share our aims. You will both lead our partnerships strategy and invest time to develop meaningful, effective and symbiotic relationships.
Find out more about this role and apply here.